What are Building Blocks?
Building blocks are enterprise-ready, reusable software components that provide key functionality facilitating generic workflows across multiple sectors.
- Reusable software components
- Open-source, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), or freely available with open access to data
- Facilitates one or more generic workflows
- Applicable to multiple use cases across multiple sectors
- Interoperable with other ICT Building Blocks
- Designed for scalability and extensibility
For extended definition around building block criteria, please see this draft document. We welcome any expert feedback on what makes a building block adherent to these core characteristics as outlined in this technical draft.
For detailed description of each identified building block, please visit each card below.