Privacy & Legal
The United Nations Foundation is the legal fiduciary and host organization of the Digital Impact Alliance. The Digital Impact Alliance follows all regulations and responsibilities of our host organization https://unfoundation.org/privacy-policy/
The Digital Impact Alliance is the sole owner of the information collected on govstack.global. We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the organization.
Personal information we collect
Generally, you are free to visit the govstack.global website without submitting data that identifies you personally. However, we do ask you to provide some personal data for certain interactions within our website. This data varies depending on the interaction, but may include name, address, email address and other similar information (“Personal Information”). We do not request sensitive information such as social security numbers.
When we collect Personal Information
Below are the ways in which we collect your Personal Information through specific actions and circumstances. By choosing to participate in any of the following activities, you consent to our collection and use of your Personal Information.
- When you sign up to receive email newsletters from us;
- When you participate in surveys;
- When you complete an advocacy activity or survey online;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives and events;
- When you request information or assistance;
- In conjunction with processing your grant applications;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you participate with social media and peer to peer accounts involving the Digital Impact Alliance
- When you participate in online communities;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the website;
- When you provide user-generated content on any part of the website that permits it; and
- In conjunction with any other place on the website where you knowingly volunteer personal information
In addition, when you interact with the website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender and postal code as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device or other device that you use to access the website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
How we use your data
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the website. With your consent we may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes;
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your interactions and sending you information about features on our website or about the organization;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your employment application;
- Event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services and operations;
- Research and development;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Advocating to decision makers on specific issues;
- Performing statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of the website and their usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization.
As we are a multi-stakeholder initiative, data collected may be used by the four GovStack partners in order to deliver GovStack related work.
How we protect your data
The Digital Impact Alliance intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures, including industry-standard encryption for transmission of credit card information, to help keep your information secure, accurate, current and complete.
If you have any concerns about the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance with the EU GDPR data regulations
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.
We will use reasonable efforts to securely process all personal information in line with the rights specified under the GDPR, in particular those related to the following requests:
- Access to your Personal Information;
- Correction of the Personal Information we hold;
- Deletion of your Personal Information;
- A restriction of processing of your Personal Information;
- Transfer of your Personal Information to another party; or,
- Objection to processing of your Personal Information based on the Digital Impact Alliance’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to use it.
Please send an email to email@example.com if any of the following apply:
- You have any questions or requests regarding this policy;
- You would like to remove all Personal Information from our database;
- You would like to view Personal Information you shared with us;
- You would like to change your account preferences;
- You no longer wish to receive email updates from the Digital Impact Alliance;
- You believe the Digital Impact Alliance has erroneous or incomplete information about you; or,
- You believe a child below the age of 16 years may have submitted Personal Information without the consent of a parent or guardian.
For more information about your rights under the GDPR, please visit https://gdpr-info.eu.
Questions and comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Several deceptive emails claiming to be from or associated with the Digital Impact Alliance or United Nations Foundation, Kathy Calvin, Rick Parnell, Ted Turner and Timothy Wirth are circulating on the Internet. These emails often include our logo, photos, links or other information from our Web site.
Some emails claim the recipient has won a lottery or other prize and request detailed personal information or a payment of some kind in order to receive the winnings. Some mention other foundations and organizations based in the United Kingdom none of which are a part of these scams. Other emails direct recipients to Web sites that promise large returns on investments and claim a portion of returns will be donated to the foundation.
The sources and contents of these emails, websites, and accompanying materials are in no way associated with the Digital Impact Alliance or United Nations Foundation, Kathy Calvin, Rick Parnell, Ted Turner and Timothy Wirth. For your own protection, we strongly recommend not responding to emails making such claims.
The UN Foundation has reported, and will continue to report, these deceptive spam emails to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). For more information about the FTC’s efforts against deceptive spam, please visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0038-spam. For more information about the IC3, please visit www.ic3.gov. For information on the FBI, please visit www.fbi.gov, or contact your local FBI office.
Digital Impact Alliance
1750 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300
Washington, D.C. 20006